The MMRI is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for all humankind. The Institute’s primary mission is to conduct high quality basic biomedical and clinical research aimed at generating knowledge and information necessary for understanding molecular mechanisms of disease and development of medical cures and treatments of tomorrow. The Institute is also committed to providing education and training to basic scientists, clinical researchers and students who will perpetuate and extend the fight against disease worldwide.
The Institute’s vision is to build scientific teams that can combine molecular biology, chemistry, computation, technology and engineering to create novel approaches to understanding and deciphering causes of disease. Using this knowledge, we will advance basic research to clinical application, therapeutics and cures. To this end, the Institute will foster an environment of creativity, risk-taking, and open sharing of data and research. Finally, this new model will seek collaborations, both within the Institute and worldwide, in our mission to combat disease.
- Propelling the understanding of medical science through innovation and groundbreaking research and investigation.
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration, institutionally and worldwide, to combat disease.
- Empowering scientists to take risks and act boldly on ideas with transformative potential.
- Sharing of ideas, data and knowledge to drive biomedical progress, therapeutics and cures.
- Building an inclusive community.